One import metric that is often used in a Behavioral Based Safety Program is the percentage of observations where a safe behavior is observed. Using the IndustrySafe Behavioral Based Safety Observation module, there are several ways to generate this data. These include the Observation Tally Report and the Safe/Unsafe Act/Condition and Percent Safe Dashboards.
Observation Tally Report
The Observation Tally Report displays the total number of safe acts, unsafe acts, safe conditions, and unsafe conditions that were observed for each category and subcategory along with percent of those observations that were safe. A grand total is also displayed. This report may be filtered by the date and location of observation. To generate the Observation Tally Report follow the steps below.
- Click on the Observation Tab in the main menu.
- On the horizontal navigation menu select Reports & Analysis > Observation Tally
- On the create report page select the designed filter criteria.
- Select the Create Report Button to generate the report.
Observation Safe/Unsafe Condition/Act Dashboard
The Observation Safe/Unsafe Condition/Act Dashboard displays a pie chart displaying the total number of observations that fall into the following categories: Safe Acts, Safe Conditions, Unsafe Acts, Unsafe Conditions. The dashboard may be filtered by time period, location, and observer.
Percent Safe Dashboard
The Percent Safe Dashboard displays a line chart of the percentage of observations that were safe by month. The dashboard may be filtered by time period and location.
To display these dashboards follow the steps bellow.
- Select on the Dashboard Tab in the main menu.
- Select the tab where you want the panel to display.
- Select on the gear button in the upper right of the title of the tab and select “Add Panels.”
- Search for “Observations.” Note: The search is case sensitive.
- Select the Observation panels you would like on your Dashboard.
- Select the Done Button.