If you are setting up a new site, you will need to add your facilities (locations) and employees or contractors to your IndustrySafe site before you can add a training record. See the Getting Started Guide for more information on this set-up below.
After adding your facilities and employees or contractors to your IndustrySafe site, you can then set up your site’s class catalog.
Note: If you have purchased IndustrySafe’s training content add-on, online safety training courses will be automatically added to your site’s class catalog. However, if you have not purchased IndustrySafe’s training content add-on, you will need to manually add your classes to the catalog. See the Knowledge Base article on how to add a class to the catalog by following this link.
Once your site has been set up (or if you are using the IndustrySafe Demo Site), you can follow these steps to schedule a group of employees for a class:
Adding a Class Schedule
- Open the Training module by selecting the Training tab in the main menu.
- Click the green “+” icon to add a training record. You may add a training record for multiple employees or a single employee
- A blank Class Schedule Form will appear.
- Fill in the class Schedule form
- Notice that the read only fields will be populated with the appropriate information for the class.
- Use the “Update Class Roster/Results” Wizard when adding multiple employees to the class (See Steps Below).
- Select the Save button.
- If all required fields are complete and all data is in a valid format, the successful save message will appear.
Update Class Roster/Results Wizard
- Select the Update Class Roster/Results button.
- The Roster/Results wizard will appear
- Search for employees by facility, job title, due date, employee id or employee name
- After filtering, the available employees will show in the Available employees window.
- Invite or enroll employees who need to take the class with the “Invite” and “Enroll” buttons.
- The selected employees will appear in the current roster window. To withdraw employees from the class, use the “Withdraw” button after selecting the employees.
- Click the “Save” button to save the current roster. Click “Save and Continue” to save the current roster and continue to the Results page
- Select the “Results” tab to update the results of the class.*
- Once the results of the class have been updated, click “Save” to save the results of the class.
- Select “Back” to go back to the Class Schedule Form.
View the Quick Start Guide here.
*Note: If your organization has purchased IndustrySafe’s training content add-on, training results for an online course will be automatically updated. You will be able to view, but not edit, the results of online courses.