We, at TRA, make a tremendous effort of incorporating your ideas and suggestions into IndustrySafe. To address your needs and concerns, we constantly make updates to the software. Please provide us with feedback on this release or provide suggestions for new releases here: http://www.industrysafe.com/newcase.htm. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A more detailed PowerPoint presentation on the release is available here.
We will be offering free live webinars covering the new features in the 5.10 update. Use the links below to register for these webinars and visit our webinar page for a complete list of upcoming and recorded webinars: http://www.industrysafe.com/webinar.html.
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM EDT (click here to register)
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 11:00 AM EDT (click here to register)
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 11:00 AM EDT (click here to register)
Training, Claims, Industrial Hygiene, Home, and System Functions Form Editors
The 5.10 update provides IndustrySafe System Administrators with the ability to configure IndustrySafe’s Training, Claims, Industrial Hygiene, Task, Event, Document Library, User, Employee, Facility Profile, and Asset Profile recording forms to an even greater degree using the new Form Editor, which was previously rolled out to the recording forms in our Hazards, Corrective Actions, Incidents, Inspections, Observations, and Job Safety Analysis modules in our 5.6, 5.7, and 5.9 updates.
Using the Form Editor, admins can reorder, rename, remove, or create new fields and sections. Fields can also be laid out in two columns, which can help reduce the length of forms. In addition, tool tips and notes can be added to any field, which can contain instructions or hyperlinks to help explain fields to your end users.
Training Content: Video on Demand
The 5.10 update also includes a video on demand add-on to the Training Module.
With the 5.10 release, customers that purchase this video on demand add-on will be able to deliver online training videos within IndustrySafe to groups of learners in a classroom environment.
Video on Demand allows training managers to combine instructor training with online training. Instructors can start, pause, and continue a training video as needed to provide learners with additional guidance on a topic, field questions, and allow for face-to-face interaction between trainers and learners.
Downloadable test questions and answers are provided within IndustrySafe for each video course, and instructors can easily print and distribute these quizzes to workers. Then after the course is complete, instructors can use IndustrySafe’s class results wizard to record and track results within the Training module.
Each course within IndustrySafe’s course catalog is available in a Video on Demand format.
Interested in learning more about IndustrySafe’s training content add-on? Contact us to schedule a demo.
As part of the 5.10 update, users are now able to sort observation checklists by categories, similar to IndustrySafe’s inspection checklists. The category field will be disabled by default. To set up and edit your observation categories, IndustrySafe Administrator users can go to System Functions > Setup > Edit Observation Checklists > Add/Edit Categories.
Users can now generate Cal/OSHA 301, 300, and 300A reports within the Incidents Module. To generate Cal/OSHA logs, go to the Regulatory Reports tab within the Incidents module’s horizontal menu, select the report you wish to create, enter in the name of your California-based facility and set other desired filters, then select the “Create Report” button. If the state of your facility is set to “California” within its Facility Profile form, the appropriate Cal/OSHA log will generate.
For additional information about generating OSHA logs within IndustrySafe, please review this guide.
Customer Requests and Fixes
- “Property Damage” is now available as a dropdown value under the “Type of Claim” field within the Claims Module.
- Data imported via IndustrySafe’s Inspection Data Import service will now display in IndustrySafe’s Data Import Log, so that users can view how many records were processed, inserted, or updated, and can view detailed error messages explaining why inspection data imports have failed.
- The “Submitted By” Employee Name and ID fields have been added to the Incidents Log and Employee Injury Log.
- A System ID field has been added to the New Incident Alerts for the Involved Employee and Supervisor, and may be enabled to display in these email alerts by IndustrySafe System Administrators.
- Users can now filter the “Days without Employee Injuries,” “Days without an Incident,” “Days without an OSHA Recordable Incident,” and “Days without a Lost Time Incident” dashboard charts through the end date of a selected date range. Previously, these charts were programmed to only show data based on today’s date.
- The “Send Email” button has been repaired within the Corrective Actions form.
- Formatting improvements have been made to the “Edit Drop Down” window within IndustrySafe’s Form Editors.
- The Observations Import Service’s character limit for the “Comment” field has been expanded.
- Updates have been made to the California First Report of Injury form.
New and Updated Online Training Courses
- Active Shooter: Surviving an Attack – NEW!
- Active Shooter: Surviving an Attack (Spanish Language) – NEW!
- Bullying & Other Disruptive Behavior: for Employees – NEW!
- Bullying & Other Disruptive Behavior: for Employees (Spanish language) – NEW!
- Bullying & Other Disruptive Behavior: for Managers & Supervisors –NEW!
- Bullying & Other Disruptive Behavior: for Managers & Supervisors (Spanish language) – NEW!
- Hazard Recognition – NEW!
- Industrial Fire Prevention
- Winter Safety
- Working with Lead Exposure in the Construction Industry
- Trenching & Shoring Safety in Construction Environments – NEW!
- Asbestos Awareness (Spanish Language) – NEW!
- Bloodborne Pathogens in Commercial and Industrial Facilities (Spanish Language)
- Bloodborne Pathogens in First Response Environments (Spanish Language)
- Bloodborne Pathogens in Healthcare Facilities (Spanish Language)
- Guarding Against Tuberculosis in the Healthcare Environment
- HIPAA Rules and Compliance – NEW!
- Lead Exposure – General Industry