Email Notifications allow the user to send an email to any email address notifying the recipient of a record recorded in the system. The email includes a synopsis of the record and if the recipient has a valid username and password, allows the user to quickly access the record in IndustrySafe. There is no limit to the number of email notifications that can be sent. The system maintains a record of each email recipient and the date the email was sent. Email Notifications can be available on all recording forms. If available on the form, the Email Notification button is located at the bottom of the form.
To send an email simply select the Send E-Mail button. The Email Notification window will appear. The content of the message will be displayed in the window and you can add an additional message if you wish. Then simply enter the email address of the desired recipient and select the Send Email button. The email will be automatically sent.
You can send the email to multiple addresses by separating them with a semi colon. In addition, if the recipient is a user or included in the Employee Summary, you can search for their email address by selecting the Search button. The Search window will appear. Enter the persons name and select search. The system will retrieve the appropriate email address.
Quick Steps Example: Sending an Email Notification for a Corrective Action
- Open the Corrective Action module by selecting the Corrective Action tab in the main menu.
- In the Summary, select the System ID a record.
- Select the Send E-mail button.
- The Email Notification window will appear.
- Enter your email address.
- Select the Send Email button.
- Select the Close Window button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form and notice that your email address and the date it was sent are now displayed.
- Check your email and see if you received an email from IndustrySafe.